Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2003 Topps Retired Signature Series

One of my goals this Black Friday was to only pick up cards for my two main player collections.  Rollie Fingers and Robin Yount.  And while I picked up way more Younts this year, I was able to pick up some great Rollies as well. 

First up is this 2003 Topps Retired Signature base card.  I really love the look of the 2003 set. That goes for the Topps flagship set this year too. I lament because I was unable to open almost nothing in 2003 due to my work schedule.  I definetly didn't open any of the Topps Retire Signature series.  These cards came in a box with 5 per box and   4 base cards and an encased retired player auto per pack. I have no idea what these went for back in the day, but the only box I could find for sale was on Amazon and it was listed for over $200. 

 There are also black parallels numbered to 99.  I do have the 2004 Topps Refractor auto for Rollie, but this is the first 2003 card I've acquired.




Here's what the box and pack look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment