Friday, December 5, 2014

1987 Mother's Cookies Oakland Athletics All Time All Stars

I've always been a little jealous of those collectors who had players and teams they collect featured in Mother's Cookies card sets.  It's probably because I'm a huge lover of oddball and food issue sets.  

But I found this 1987 Oakland Athletics All-Time All-Stars card while shopping on COMC for black last Friday and had to take it home with me.  

This also happens to be the only card of Rollie's issued in 1987.  Not surprising since he retired two years earlier and would be elected into the Hall till 1992. 

Still a great looking set even if they are posed photos.  I love the full bleed front and the rounded corners.  Not much for stats on the back, but hey there are All-Star Game stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment